We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco to LA- roadtrip stops and places to stay

Mexico City, Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
San Francisco to LA- roadtrip stops and places to stay

Hi everyone,

I'm finally going to LA to visit my friends but to extend my trip I'm flying to San Francisco and stay there for few days before taking the road to Los Angeles, however, I can't decide which spots i must do and where to stay in between for the 11th, 12th and 13th (can be separate), so far I have:

06/08 San Francisco

08/11 Renting a car and take the 1 High Road

Santa Cruz Boardwalk, McWay falls, Malibu Pier

14/08 Los Angeles with my friends (plans up to them).

I'm looking for nice view hot spots and fun places to stay with nice views and nightlife to walk around and have a drink, maybe some beer or wine tasting too.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz
California
Malibu Pier
Malibu Pier
675 Reviews
Malibu, CA
Kimpton Everly Hotel
Kimpton Everly Hotel
#1 of 356 hotels in Los Angeles
Magic Castle Hotel
Magic Castle Hotel
#2 of 356 hotels in Los Angeles
Sunset Tower Hotel
Sunset Tower Hotel
#1 of 19 hotels in West Hollywood
1 reply
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
21,090 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco to LA- roadtrip stops and places to stay

Welcome to the Los Angeles forum!

The California forum has a lot of information about the drive between these two cities, it is popular. Here is the link: https:/…ShowForum-g28926-i29-California.html

If you open the full version of TripAdvisor, not the app, you will have access to the top questions, on the right side of the questions. It has a lot of information about the coastal drive, where to spend a night or two (or three!), and points of interest along the way.

There is a detour at Big Sur, you can read about how to manage that, it's also discussed on the CA forum's top questions. An additional tip is to read through the first two forum pages of questions, it's a good bet there are others asking the same. Often, I don't need to ask questions if I take some time to read through recent forum posts.

When you have questions about Los Angeles, we can help you on this city forum for those, so please come on back when ready for city details, we sure can help you with them.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
California
California
United States
Big Sur
Big Sur
California
Reply to: San Francisco to LA- roadtrip stops and places to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted