We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Front of Line?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Universal Front of Line?

Is it worth getting FOL passes for a Thursday visit early in May? There are 2 adults and 3 x11yr olds.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,522 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Front of Line?

Oft discussed topic.

We went in July and got FOL tickets as i wanted to pack as much i could in a day and did not want to queue too much.

Remember I'm travelling all the way from the UK and this may be the last time I do Universal.

Others say no, early May on weekdays means that it could be less busy and outside the school holidays. I suppose with 3 kids the costs of FOL tickets will mount up and that may be the deciding factor.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Front of Line?

Thanks PrestonTraveller.

My thinking is the same as yours. We are also trying to cram as much as we can into a short period of time and don't want to waste time in queues.

Did you get everything done that you wanted to?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Front of Line?

We were there 2 April and didn't see the point of FOL.

The park wasn't that full and the lines were reasonable. I suppose it could be a different on a on a popular weekend.

Even then there's not so much going on at Universal Hollywood that you couldn't do it all in a full day even with long lines.

The main decision for us was whether to buy the all-you-can-eat pass. That's an OK deal but not a great one.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,522 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Front of Line?

We went early morning, got FOL tickets but no we did not get everything done.

Simple fact is, you eventually get tired and need to sit down to rest and eat etc.

I would also urge you to consider Magic Mountain as it has very good rollercoasters. (I have posted a review of this attraction as well) Again horrendous queues, we went and got VIP upgrade tickets to bust most of the queues.

Even then we missed some rides as our excursion coach was going to pick us up at 5 pm and if you go on so many coasters in such a short space of time you begin to feel a little ill.

5. Re: Universal Front of Line?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, August 30, 2009