We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
22,197 posts
262 reviews
Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

Ugg. Temperatures are about to spike. LA is supposed to be in the mid-90s on Wednesday and Thursday.

https:/…347625

By Saturday, however, back to the 70s.

16 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,767 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

Crazy! This morning my house was freezing and I had on leggings and a robe.

NOW I've gone out shopping with sandals and shorts!!

Be prepared for anything!

Southern California
Level Contributor
15,324 posts
1 review
2. Re: Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

I know, had to start turning on my heat the last week and into this week, yet I am in shorts and a tee now.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
6,209 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

Heater on at night/early a.m., AC on late afternoon. And that's before the turkey goes in the oven! :-( So much for a cozy Thanksgiving fire.

Del Mar, California
Level Contributor
9,306 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

You can have that Cozy Thanksgiving fire around 7pm after the sun goes down as the temps also drop relatively quick.

It GREAT weather for Tourism.

Lots of out-of-towners will be in Southern California to visit family over Thanksgiving weekend and will be impressed (some may hate it-especially New Yorkers and Bostonians) by the lovely weather and therefore possibly plan added trips to the region.

Edited: 8:49 pm, November 21, 2017
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
22,197 posts
262 reviews
5. Re: Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

Good for tourists, bad for those of us who cook! At least I do my turkey on the grill. I'll be in the shade with my mimosa basting that big bird!

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4,172 posts
1 review
6. Re: Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

I am so jealous. We can switch. You drive my car over the pass in the snow, and I’ll drink a margarita and sunbathe in your backyard.

Wait, not, we’d have to switch back before Leavenworth Christmas Market. Never mind lol.

I know what you mean though. It was freezing last week. I bundled up today and I could be wearing a dress and sandals. Feels like late spring!

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

It was 80 degrees at 9 a.m. It is pushing through 90 degrees as we approach noon. Clear calm blue skies. The next few days are perfect for the beach.

San Diego
Level Contributor
415 posts
163 reviews
8. Re: Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

Hosting tomorrow. The one benefit with the heat wave is saving on the dryer, and hanging rugs and carpets outside.

Good news re: heat wave, is temps will drop 15-20 degrees from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Marie M., I remember Thanksgiving in Everett, WA. I love the seasonal changes where you are.

Hope everyone has a safe and comforting holiday.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
22,197 posts
262 reviews
9. Re: Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

That's okay, Marie. I'm from Connecticut and have faced many an "over the river and through the woods" turkey days, taking 10 hours instead of of the normal 2 to drive to grandmother's house. Yeah, hot is probably better than cold/snow/sleet.

Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow, wherever you live and whatever weather conditions you brave.

SageTraveler - I've used this hot and dry weather that way myself, all my quilts washed and dried outdoors yesterday, rugs today.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,025 posts
26 reviews
10. Re: Thanksgiving Heat Wave!

Perfect weather!!

Closed up early and sitting at the outdoor patio at my favorite Vietnamese Pho restaurant.

Can’t get any nicer today

Reply to: Thanksgiving Heat Wave!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted