We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner recs

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,255 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner recs

I'm heading to the Dorothy Chandler Wednesday evening to see what the bizz is all about regarding "something rotten'. I visit the Music Center once every 10 years - whether I need to or not -- and I'm looking for dinner recs. My date is celebrating a birthday so I want it to be a memorable experience (not sure dining at the restaurant below the plaza at the Music Center or at Pinot at the Disney is what I'm looking for). Something like a cool bistro with interesting decor, fun drinks, interesting food, etc.

This will be 6 pm, this coming Wednesday. Ideally, it would be great if it were within walking distance to the Music Center (which I doubt will be possible) or, at the least, someplace that easy to get in and out of. (The show is at 8:00 and we'd like to be at the threatre by 7:45).

It could be 'on the way to downtown' (I'll be coming from West Hollywood) but before you say it: Pacific Dining Car is out -- sorry, I'm not planning on paying $75 for a steak with no side orders!

Thanks, everybody.

Edited: 3:32 pm, November 19, 2017
8 replies to this topic
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,253 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner recs

I like Maccheroni Republic pre theater.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,255 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner recs

Maccheroni Republic, it is

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,880 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner recs

Musso and Frank's would be another option.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
31,253 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner recs

Musso and Franks is nowhere near the Dorothy Chandler (posting for anyone looking at this thread in the future).

I know you decided on Maccheroni, but thought of another option - Bottega Louie. It's loud, but incredible. Bestia would have been option #one, if it wasn't so difficult to get a reservation.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,105 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner recs

Hello HSJ and Elle.

I was going to suggest Bottega Louie as well especially for the desserts if it is a birthday. Their macarons are to die for. We went to Bestia oh about 3 years ago so Elle, I presume it is still as good

Happy Thanksgiving you two.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,255 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner recs

Thanks. Bottega Louie did cross my mind but as you say it's very noisy (and it is my dates birthday so we will probably chat a bit) and it's always so frantic there with long lines and I don't want to worry about missing the show.

I mapped it out and it looks like I'm going to park in my favorite place in Koreatown take the purple on to the Civic Center stop and walk to and help watch to maccheroni republic. Easy!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,255 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner recs

Ate at Maccheroni Republic and it was amazing! No waiting. Prompt, friendly service, great food. Surprisingly well-priced.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
31,253 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner recs

Great to hear! So happy it worked out well! Yes, the food is excellent and very reasonable :)

Reply to: Dinner recs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted