We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay between woodland hills and anaheim

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay between woodland hills and anaheim

Used to live in the Valley but it has been a long time! I'm not really sure where we should stay. Closer to Anaheim or closer to Woodland Hills? Or somewhere in between like Santa Monica or Manhattan Beach?

We'll be in for a lot of driving no matter what but here's the plan for a quick weekend trip. Travel will usually be before or after rush hour

Day 1 -- flying into LAX late afternoon, renting a car

Day 2 -- going to Disneyland very early

Day 3 -- going to Woodland Hills, then going to Santa Monica area

Day 4 -- leaving from LAX

Traveling are 2 adults and 2 children (5 year old and 1 year old). We won't have much time to explore so that isn't a factor. I've looked at Disney's Paradise Pier, Residence Inn Garden Grove, Marriott Warner Center Woodland Hills, Residence Inn Manhattan Beach, and the list goes on!

Thanks!

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay between woodland hills and anaheim

suggestion:

Day 1 - Fly into LAX, stay in Anaheim

Day 2 - Disneyland, stay in Anaheim

Day 3 - drive to Woodland Hills, stay in Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey

Day 4 - fly out of LAX

this reduces the hassle of running around and checking in-out.

Colorado
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay between woodland hills and anaheim

Thanks for that suggestion. I am still considering that...was just thinking we'd only stay in 1 place all 3nights. Packing up and moving for just 1 night just doesn't sound appealing LOL

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,056 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay between woodland hills and anaheim

I agree with the above suggestion. Given your itinerary, changing hotels is the logical choice.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,780 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay between woodland hills and anaheim

Absolutely stay in Anaheim your first night, maybe even the second night, then move for the 3rd to Santa Monica after driving in the AM on Day 3 to Woodland Hills.

There's no "in between" that includes being near LAX or Santa Monica. Woodland Hills would entail too much driving which, to me, is worse than packing up and moving after a couple nights. Be near Disneyland on the 1st night, or you'll be miserable in traffic.

California
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay between woodland hills and anaheim

Is this "weekend" a Fri Sat Sun with Monday departure from LAX, or is it Thurs Fri Sat Sun?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
357 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay between woodland hills and anaheim

I live in Woodland Hills, actualy in Warner Center :) I agree with first suggestion, stay first night in Anaheim. Drive from Woodland Hills to Disney is about an hour if you don't hit traffic. Afterwards you can stay either in Santa Monica or Woodland Hills.

7. Re: where to stay between woodland hills and anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 28, 2009