We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance Hollywood????

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Renaissance Hollywood????

Hi again,

Heading to LA in June and currently planning on staying at the Elan Modern. However we can now get the Renaissance Hollywood for only $20 a night extra and like the idea of being next to the metro, and other activities. In terms of transportation options/quality of the hotel which option do you think is better.

Thanks again.

Catherine

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,245 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance Hollywood????

Renaissance - no question. It's a nicer hotel, and is close to transportation.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,525 posts
5,271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance Hollywood????

We stayed at the Renaissance over Thanksgiving! Its perfect for Hollywod. The close location to Hollywood Highland Mall; the great windows to look out of; the nice rooms and bathrooms; make it now one of my favorite places for a stay in that area. I'd go for the extra $20.00. Its within walking distance to almost all the great tourist locations such as Mann's Chinese Theater, metro, Hollywood Bowl (a long walk here but doable), and lots of restaurants that stay open late. If into club scene, walkable to that too.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance Hollywood????

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to switch to the Renaissance.

Cheers

Catherine

4. Re: Renaissance Hollywood????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 pm, August 25, 2009