We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to Disneyland

San Francisco
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best way from Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to Disneyland

We will be arriving on a cruise ship to the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro. We would like to find round trip transportation to Disneyland from the port. The ship offers a Disneyland excursion with transportation, but the fee is almost double the regular ticket price. This is for 2 adults and 2 children (2 and 5 yrs). Also, what is the weather like in April? Rainy? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

manhatan beach, ca
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to Disneyland

We've taken cruises out of San Pedro, and the only thing I could think of that would be another option would be to take a taxi to Disneyland.

Or you can hire a private shuttle to take you to Disneyland, look into Primetime Shuttle for prices. Anyways, just my thoughts.

The last few years, April has been nice weather. There are times when April can be rainy. But most of the time, that I can remember, it's blue skies.

BC
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way from Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to Disneyland

Another option might be to rent a car. We took a taxi from San Pedro Port of LA last week to Torrance and it cost almost $30. We could have rented a car for the whole day and returned it at another location for the same amount. Not all car rental locations do one way rentals though, so it might take some research if you are willing to drive yourselves around.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,545 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way from Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to Disneyland

It might be a hassle, but you can easily get a ride to the bus which will take you to the Metro. The Metro (subway) will take you directly to Union Station where for $6.50 you take a train direct to Anaheim. There is a shuttle from the Anaheim station to Disneyland hotels. I just did this last week. The metro runs alongside the 110 freeway. Ask your hotel for advice or I can give you the 800# for the Metro.

Phoenix, AZ
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way from Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to Disneyland

Getting to Union Station maybe an adventure in survival. The car rental is a better way to go. Ck near by hotels for car rental service, that way you can return the car to the hotel.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way from Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to Disneyland

How long does the metro take to get from San Pedro to Anaheim - I thought it looked like 3 hours. This would be compared to a car which is only half an hour perhaps???? Can anyone tell me the driving time compared to getting the metro???

Thanks

6. Re: Best way from Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to Disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, September 23, 2009