We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo/Apt vs Hotel

Shelby Twp, MI
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Condo/Apt vs Hotel

I'm coming to Long Beach for a convention in August. My 13 and 11 year old boys will be with me and to save money I was thinking of renting a condo/apt. The one I'm looking at says its right across from the ocean and .5 miles to the convention center. I'm wondering if that is a safe area and would the walk to the convention center be safe? Also, is Ocean Blvd a busy street to cross (and for noise)? Thanks

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo/Apt vs Hotel

Csn you give us an spproximate address, such as near the corner of Ocean Blvd and ******

Ocean Blvd is busy, but plenty of traffic lights to use to cross the street.

Log beach near the coast is a very walkable friendly area.

Shelby Twp, MI
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo/Apt vs Hotel

It looks like Ocean Blvd and Shoreline Dr or Alamitos

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo/Apt vs Hotel

OK, the corner is busy, and since the roads are used for the Long Beach Grand Prix once a year, wide. But as mentioned, traffic lights make crossing them safe, and if you stick near the ocaen, many walking/biking paths. Also the Long Beach Passport bus is free in this area (aka Tourist area).

www.visitlongbeach.com

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,472 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo/Apt vs Hotel

As long as you move 1/2 mile or mile north/south of the convention center you are fine. Moving a 1/2 mile or mile inland (east) has some dicey areas.

5. Re: Condo/Apt vs Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, May 31, 2015