We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queen Mary Chill

Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Queen Mary Chill

Hi guys,

We are flying to the states from Australia and will be in Long BEach prior to embarking on the Carnival Miracle on the 1st December. Can anyone give me any advice on the Queen Mary Chill? IS it worth going to see it or is there other things in Long BEach that are preferable? We will only be the 1.5 days and 2 nights. Thanks for any help

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Queen Mary Chill

We are considering this.. Yet wont have warm winter clothes, since we are traveling on airplane.. Should we even consider this then?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Queen Mary Chill

Inside the igloo is 9 degrees!

Btw I saw Costco in Signal selling two tickets for around $40, did not read the fine print but think it said all activities.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,658 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Queen Mary Chill

>>>We are considering this.. Yet wont have warm winter clothes, since we are traveling on airplane.. Should we even consider this then?<<<

You do have regular coats, right? I mean So Cal does get very cold at night.

Regular coats are fine for Chill and I think it is pretty cool, but then Frozen at Downtown Disney will be too.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Queen Mary Chill

The attraction provides parkas for inside the Ice Kingdom.

Carlsbad CA
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Queen Mary Chill

"Regular coats are fine for Chill and I think it is pretty cool, but then Frozen at Downtown Disney will be too."

This is nuts--it's 9 degrees! And there's no reentry. Fortunately as mlgb points out they give you parkas. I would recommend bringing long underwear and gloves--they sell gloves, but do not give for free usage.

Edited: 12:24 pm, December 11, 2013
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Queen Mary Chill

When I went last year, the large parkas (long length) were very much needed, and as mentioned, I wished I brought gloves for the main attraction, the Ice sculptures. The other activities are outdoors, so basic Southern California coats and jackets, but the gloves come in handy with some of the fake snow areas.

17. Re: Queen Mary Chill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 13, 2014