We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Angeles tours with pick up in Long Beach?

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
166 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Los Angeles tours with pick up in Long Beach?

I'm looking for information on tour companies that pick up in Long Beach. We're staying for a convention but would like to do something like the Warners Brothers studio tour. Any suggestions (other than renting a car).

Thanks

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Angeles tours with pick up in Long Beach?

Here is a company that is lisited at the Long Beach Tourism website...

www.visitlongbeach.com/listings/index.cfm…

Your other option is to use Public Transit and do it yourself, You woiuld take the free Passport bus service to the Transit Mall and then buy a day pass for the LA Metro Blue Line, which would take you to the Downtwon LA area, and then transfer to other lines, Warner Brothers isn't the eaiiest, but Universal Studios is easy using the Public Transit system, just transfer to the Red Line, and get off at the Universal City Station, and then take the free shuttle to the top of the hill and the Theme Park plus Shoppertainment mall (CityWalk).

http://www.metro.net/around/rail/blue-line/

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,237 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Angeles tours with pick up in Long Beach?

I'm a huge proponent of using public transit but staying in Long Beach to visit the sprawling city of L.A. is not going to be easy. The blue line starts at the transit mall stop (the first stop on the line in downtown Long Beach) and ends at the 7th St/Metro Center station in downtown L.A. That ride alone takes 55 minutes. When you add in the time it takes to get to Transit Mall, the average waiting time for the train to arrive and the additional time you'll spend on metro rail and metro bus WITHIN the city of L.A., you're talking about 4 hours round trip to visit L.A. from Long Beach.

Rent a car. (Trust me).

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Angeles tours with pick up in Long Beach?

I think your only practical options are to either use Sunseekers (first link in first reply) or rent a car. There are several car rental offices downtown for easy drop off and pick up.

4. Re: Los Angeles tours with pick up in Long Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 am, June 19, 2013