We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from Long Beach to Oxnard during I-405 Closure?

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Best way from Long Beach to Oxnard during I-405 Closure?

After a day visit to Catalina, and dinner in Long Beach, need to drive up to Oxnard to visit relatives. Unfortunately, going next Saturday, July 16, during the I-405 closure? What route do you recommend to help me avoid and bypass any anticipated carmageddon on the freeways? I don't mind driving out of the way, just want to stay out out of the way. NOTE: we will be traveling around 9 PM to make our way up to Oxnard, not sure if traffice will be any better that time of day or not. Appreciate any advice. Thanks for your help!

Edited: 9:38 am, July 08, 2011
California
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from Long Beach to Oxnard during I-405 Closure?

At 9 PM on a Sat., traffic should be almost non-existent. There are a number of different routes you could take from Long Beach. Off the top of my head, the best route might be to just take the 110 north to the 101 north.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way from Long Beach to Oxnard during I-405 Closure?

There is a MAJOR Soccer game at the Coliseum on Saturday Night (Real Madrid vs the LA Galaxy), plus the 101 is part of the main detour due to the 405 closure.

I would take the 605 northbound to the 210 west to the 118 west.

The best traffic reports will be coming from KNX 1070 AM and KFI 640 AM.

3. Re: Best way from Long Beach to Oxnard during I-405 Closure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 05, 2012