We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival Inspiration

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Carnival Inspiration

Hi has anyone been on the Carnival Inspiration. We are looking into going April 2012 for 3 or 4 nights to Ensenada Mexico. We have never been on a cruise. Is Ensenada a safe part of Mexico?

Lake Havasu City...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Carnival Inspiration

I have not been on this ship. My daughter and I are booked to go on the same trip Feb 25. I took my Mom on this cruise 3 years ago different shop and it was great. I just got back from Cabo with my husband in April. I was so safe and wonderful. The only thing I suggest is book any tours through Carnival. They do a great job and they are safe. You will have a wonderful time and enjoy yourself. Take it all in. I have been on 8 cruises and have enjoyed everyone. Almost all have been Carnival and have never been disappointed. Have Fun

Westlake Village, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Carnival Inspiration

BRING EAR PLUGS AND NOSE CLIPS!!!

Let me begin my review by saying that my friends and I just returned from a three-day cruise on the Carnival Inspiration and enjoyed our time together.

Here are the POSITIVES:

I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the Oceanview rooms. They were much bigger than the Oceanview rooms on other ships I've sailed. I also liked how they configured the twin beds. They were staggered against the wall instead of just separating them and having them come straight out from the wall that has the window. Really made a difference in floor space to move around.

No doubt....this ship IS a party ship! The band at the Violin Bar was great; the room just down from the Violin Bar was lively and the music around the pool kept us dancing while at sea.

The late night comedy for adults was one of the best shows on the ship.

We were fortunate to have one of the best waiters we've ever had on a cruise ship. His name was Felipe. Not only was he quite an entertainer in both dancing and singing, but he was quite a comedian! If you can, ask to sit at his tables. You will not be disappointed with his service, charm and entertainment!

Now on to the NEGATIVES:

Our cabin was on the Main Deck situated right at the opening of the elevators and stairs. This is where I say BRING EAR PLUGS! because it is very noisy throughout the night. After a night of partying, guests were quite loud when returning to their rooms, screaming and yelling down the hallways to each other.

If you wanted to watch television when you got into your room, forget it! You could not turn up the volume past mid-way and with the noise outside our room, we could not hear what was on the television. The only time we could hear well enough was early in the morning while everyone was sleeping.

When you first got into your room and opened the bathroom door, there was an odor inside the bathroom. Once at sea for a few hours and you open the bathroom door, the bathroom smelled like a sewer! No kidding! This is where NOSEPLUGS were NEEDED! We had to hold our nose in order to go into the bathroom area. And when you take a shower, once the water hits the drain, the smell gets worse. We had to place towels over the drains in order to minimize the smell!!! I hope someone from the Health Department or Carnival sees this and corrects this problem. There has to be a health concern here. What do you think????

We were very disappointed with the quality of food on the Carnival Inspiration. It was as if Hometown Buffet was their supplier of food -- even at dinner. We ate at different areas on the ship and every place we went, the food was disappointing. Maybe they feel they can provide a lesser quality of food because this cruise is known as a "booze cruise" and people won't notice the reduction of quality because they will be too drunk to notice. There were plenty of sober adults, kids and other guests who did notice .... and we were one of them. I'm not saying we didn't enjoy a few drinks, but we definitely were sober enough to know the difference between good and bad food!

So if you want to go for a good time and not the food, you wont' be disappointed with the places mentioned above for music and dancing.

13. Re: Carnival Inspiration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 08, 2014