We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report, 8/22/09

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report, 8/22/09

First of all, is there somewhere else that people are posting about Lodi?

I had a quick business trip to California and wanted to share info about the wineries we visited.

Van Ruiten - nice winery, very nice wines. Had a quick barrel warehouse tour, and with all the wine choices, gave new meaning to "toasted heads".

We needed lunch after that! Went to downtown Lodi and ate outside on the sidewalk at a nice brewhouse - food was very tasty.

Peirano - nice winery and some nice selections. Very surprised that they don't have zins - what's up with that? The other wines (blends, etc) seemed to be a good value.

Abundance - very nice winery and a number of nice wines at super pricing. Though the reds were tasty the whites surprised me - the white table wine and the sparkling were wines I'd like to keep handy.

I'll be back to visit more next time!

Klinker Brick Winery
Wineries & Vineyards
Lodi Lake Park
Parks, Biking Trails, Hiking Trails, Bodies of Water
Level Contributor
37,627 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report, 8/22/09

Sounds like you found some great places, thanks for sharing with us! :)

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Lodi
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report, 8/22/09

Culture,

Thanks for visiting!

This is the posting location for liveable, loveable, Lodi lol. We're still that "undiscovered" wine country in California but have been making waves throughout the wine world the last few years. Come back and see us again and we can give you some more recommendations on some great tasting rooms!

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report, 8/22/09

Thanks very much - Lodi should be on everyone's wine itinerary. Nice town, nice people! "I'll be back"!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report, 8/22/09

I went to a Lodi wine presentation at the SF Commonwealth Club a few years back and was pleasantly surprised. Now, when people are asking about what they might see between SF and Yosemite, I point them in Lodi's direction.

Glad to hear your first hand experiences.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,331 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report, 8/22/09

It's nice to see Lodi getting some recognition! The wine industry here has been around for ever, but with all the "new" wineries, we truly are becoming a real destination! There are some delightful things to see and do in this area, and we are always happy to share info!

Alton Bay, New...
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report, 8/22/09

I would like to stop at Lodi and visit. It will be for one day. Which winery is most popular, unique, beautiful. Where to stay? B&B with wine type theme maybe? Most unique wine? Many thanks for your help.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report, 8/22/09

Although there are many wineries in Lodi and they also have nice tasting rooms and good wine, they do not tend to have the "opulence" of many Napa and Sonoma wineries.

Of the ones I've visited, I like Abundance best (but you can't go wrong with van Ruiten.

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
8. Re: Trip Report, 8/22/09

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 30, 2010