We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still snow on ground week of Feb. 1, 2010? Marta info?

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,773 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Still snow on ground week of Feb. 1, 2010? Marta info?

I live in San Bernardino area and can take Omnitrans to downtown to get up the hill via Marta. I would like to go up to Lake Arrowhead for three hours or so to see the snow, visit shops in the village, and have lunch. Thinking of Thursday, Feb 4th because I saw a report of sunny skies and temp of 41 degrees up there. Can someone living up the hill tell me if there is still snow on the ground in Lake Arrowhead? I won't go if no snow.

Also, anyone used Marta? I looked at their website and looks like it will be a total of $11 round trip. For Omni, I will only need to take one bus from near my home and one back. Anyone know if I need to get a day pass in order to get the one zone transfer from Omni to Marta? I can call Marta, but am always on TripAdvisor so figured this might be faster.

Is Woody's Boathouse still open? I ate there about six years ago and liked it. Any other good and reasonably priced places to eat with a view of the lake and trees?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

1. Re: Still snow on ground week of Feb. 1, 2010? Marta info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 02, 2010