We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best off the beaten path beach/cove 4th of July

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best off the beaten path beach/cove 4th of July

I will be in Orange country for the 4th of July and am really leaning towards Laguna beach for my 4th of July firework experience. The other option would be Dana point. I would love input on which people prefer. That being said, where would you recommend for a great viewing spot in Laguna beach for the 4th of July fireworks? Looking for a great less crowded cove or off the beaten path spot. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Level Contributor
35,953 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best off the beaten path beach/cove 4th of July

We enjoyed the fireworks in Laguna one year in the back of The Montage Resort. We could see the show from Main Beach and Dana Point from this location. It will be crowded tho! :)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best off the beaten path beach/cove 4th of July

I would be very surprised if anywhere in Laguna Beach would be "off the beaten path".

Let me know if you find such a spot.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best off the beaten path beach/cove 4th of July

Just thinking the same thin Riff. Off the beaten path -- Laguna Beach on July 4th? I can't even imagine that.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best off the beaten path beach/cove 4th of July

Ain't no such thing as "off the beaten path" on Ju Lie Fourth.

If you had/have plans to watch them from Main Beach you need to have your towel on the sand by 9AM or so.

If you do go, don't plan on going anyplace for an hour after the fireworks finish.

5. Re: Best off the beaten path beach/cove 4th of July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 04, 2015