We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excellent meal before Pageant in July

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
excellent meal before Pageant in July

Hello everyone,

We would like your opinion on an excellent meal before we see Pageant of the Masters in July. We love French food, but we overall just like fine dining.

From a little research I'm wondering if French 75 and Studio are my best choices? Anything else I should consider? And which one would you pick?

I would love to find menus for the above two restaurants on-line but have not been able to find them. If you have help with this too that's great.

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
143 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excellent meal before Pageant in July

Hush is a great, expensive restaurant. The inside is very nice and romantic. I recommend it, the food is delicious!

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
94 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: excellent meal before Pageant in July

Studio at the Montage is, by far, the best restaurant in Laguna, if not in all of Orange County & further afield. Setting is spectacular & they do incredible wine paired tasting & regular menus. Even have a Cheese Concierge! With decent wine, it will run about $400 - $500 per couple. The only drawback here is that it is a bit of a ways to the Pageant & you definitely would not want to rush this meal. Come back when you have time!

I'm not a great fan of French 75 - wonderful bar, room & patio, but the only thing I've ever thought tasted even remotely like food you are served in France in an upscale restaurant were the steak frites! Everything else has sadly been a huge disappointment.

Hush can be mixed - sometimes good, sometimes bad. You are at an advantage dining early here before things get crazy & faux pretensions becoming irritating.

I personally would dine closer to the Pageant so that you can park once & walk there. Close by is 230 Forest - great food, atmosphere, more on the casual trendy side. Sun Dried Tomato Cafe, also on Forest, is very good for lunch, so I'd imagine the same for dinner.

My new favorite is Mozambique, but it's in S Laguna. You could park there, though & take the trolley to the Pageant. An ahi appetizer to die for & just a beautiful restaurant. They have a more casual upstairs patio with ocean views where you can dine if you wish, but does not take reservations.