We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moderately priced restaurant suggestions

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,089 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Moderately priced restaurant suggestions

Hello, I would appreciate restaurant suggestions for lunch in Laguna Beach. We are meeting another couple and my husband wants to go Las Brisas, which is one of our favorite restaurants. However, although these people are very nice, they're the type of persons who will look at the menu and make statements about the prices. Other than Las Brisas, the Beach House is the only other Laguna Beach restaurant that we have been to (I'm not talking about casual sandwich places) and it's not "cheap" either.

I'm thinking that my husband could send the links of a few restaurants and let them decide.

Thank you in advance for your help.

MrsJAS

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,089 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Moderately priced restaurant suggestions

LsCats, our friends can easily afford places like Las Brisas. After all, they're staying in Laguna Beach for a few days. Part of what makes them good companions is their willingness to speak their opinions. Complaints about prices are like scratches across the blackboard to me (if you're old enough to know what I mean); other people would probably just shrug their shoulders.

I believe that I have plenty of suggestions. I'll have my husband mention the location. Several years ago,we took my parents (from Port Arthur, TX) to Las Brisas. My late father, who was the quietest and most unopinionated person whom you would ever meet, was looking out at the view and said, "Boy, we sure don't have anything like this in Port Arthur."

I really appreciate all the recommendations.

MrsJAS

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Moderately priced restaurant suggestions

I can completely relate Mrs JAS. My 90 year old mother, who also can afford to eat anywhere she wants, also drives me crazy with insulting remarks about prices in restaurants. She even does it in the presence of the servers and managers. Then she'll go up to a manager after we've finished eating and tell her or him what an outrage the prices are for the poor quality (after she didn't complain about that during the meal). Sometimes they take something off the bill -- to the embarrassment of everyone with her. You'll never change some people.

13. Re: Moderately priced restaurant suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 28, 2014