We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna Beach Weather

Coogee, Sydney...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Laguna Beach Weather

Heading to Laguna Beach in Feb 07 just wandering what the weather is like and what the surf is like at that time of the year.

Also what beaches are good to surf and swim at.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,037 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laguna Beach Weather

Some of the biggest surf is often in Feb, but it usually comes with heavy rains - often making the water toxic. It's difficult to predict weather, especially a year in advance - some Feb's are dry, some are extremely stormy.

Troy, IL
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laguna Beach Weather

I'm heading to Laguna at the end of Feb. 07. This will be my first time on the West coast and I am very confused by several terms I am finding in reviews. Could anyone explain these for me:

exploring "Tide Pools" - no clue what a tide pool is

rain making the water "toxic" - further explination of toxic please?

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laguna Beach Weather

Maybe someone will have a better description of a Tide Pool but Laguna Beach has big rocks near the shore on their beaches. When the tide goes out, it leaves all the sea urchins, small fish, crabs, starfish etc. in the crevices to see and touch (just don't take them with you as their is a fine for doing so) . This is something to see....

Run Off is the excess rain water that runs into the oceans from the jetty's into the beach. This water is full of bacteria which can make you sick with flu symptoms. That is why surfers are advised not to surf after the rains.

4. Re: Laguna Beach Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, August 22, 2009