We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

Revelstoke, B.C.
Level Contributor
366 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

Always been fascinated with Laguna Beach. I will have one full day to explore and hang out.

Was originally considering going on a whale watching tour, but am thinking it might be better to just stroll in and around Laguna.

Thoughts?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

i think you could easily fit in whale watch out of dana point, if you book the first one and then go to laguna beach. the downfall with that is that it could be quite cool in the morning to do whale watching.

Revelstoke, B.C.
Level Contributor
366 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

Thank you so much for the repies. Remdog, great stuff!!

Just talked to Captain Daves people. We are going to do a tour, they are only 2.5 hours long so lots of time to hit Laguna after. Hopefully we can hit an earlier tour. (they dont know yet the exact times yet for that day)

Then after Laguna, going to spend two nights at Newport !! (remdog!!)

Cant wait, plane tickets are BOOKED !!

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,360 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

Chispmoto -- Don't worry about rushing your Laguna Beach time if you are just moving up the road to Newport Beach. You will only be 10 minutes away in Newport Beach so you can always drive back down to Laguna during your stay there.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

Chrispmoto: what kind of things are you looking to do in Newport? What kind of food do you like and where are you staying?

Revelstoke, B.C.
Level Contributor
366 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

Remdog. Hi,

Staying at the Bayshores Peninsula. We usually like to play in the surf, rent bikes and cruise a strand, people watch, shop, etc, just basically soak up the So Cal and beach scene, since where we live in BC, it is the complete opposite.

I am also getting a surf lesson for my son, and I will be surfing too.

For food, we like lots, seafood, Inn and Out ( I will find one before I get to Newport!), anything really, but the "vibe" will be important.

My wife and son are kinda on a "fish taco" kick right now.

I also wanted to to go to Balboa Island, I guess, and check out the fancy houses somewhere.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,360 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

You're in luck. There are Wahoo's Fish Tacos locations in Newport Fashion Island and in Laguna Beach. I'm a Taco Mesa fan myself. http://www.tacomesa.com/

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

I am a big fan of Rubio's, home of the "Original" Fish Taco. The Fish Tacos from Baja California are deep fried. Alas, Wahoo's uses grilled fish.

Rubio's hand batters each piece of fish just before it goes into the deep fryer at each restaurant, so nice and fresh. Tuesday Afternoons/evening is Fish Taco Tuesday, where you can get the original for just $1.50 each. Definitely worth checking out.

http://www.rubios.com/

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

following.... is one boat better than the other?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,690 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

You mean at Capt Daves?

Manutea is the larger, newer catamaran in the fleet. It has the underwater viewing pods. I would go with that if given the choice.The original boat is a smaller catamaran.

20. Re: One full day. Hit the Laguna, or go whale watching.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 12, 2014