We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego to San Francisco

Which Laguna Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston, New York
1 post
Save Topic
San Diego to San Francisco

I will be driving from San Diego to San Francisco in October.If I leave San Diego On a Monday I will need to be in San Fran Wed night. What would be the best places to Stop along the way 2 nights.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,058 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego to San Francisco

Hi Stephen L, and welcome to TripAdvisor forums

I suggest you go 'up' one level to the California state forum page and read the Top Questions in the upper right. There is some great info there about the lovely Hwy 1 coastal drive.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,463 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Diego to San Francisco

Welcome to TA. You should post this on the California forum as you will be going from SoCal to NorCal.

It is hard to say since we need more info on what you want to do and see. Beaches, hikes, do you want to see Hearst Castle

Have you seen or been to LA and seen Santa Monica which will be a short drive from SD and so wil Santa Barbara.

You could drive further North to Cambria or Pismo Beach and then one night in Monterey or Carmel and then onto SF.

3. Re: San Diego to San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 21, 2013