We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna to Legoland and/or Sea Life Park

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Laguna to Legoland and/or Sea Life Park

We are staying at our friend's home in Laguna Beach the week of July 4th and are considering making the drive to Legoland and possibly Sea Life Park to take our 2 year old. I'm wondering (1) if it's worth the drive, and (2) how bad the drive is? It looks like google maps quotes drive time at about an hour, but I know traffic can be insane. We aren't absolutely set on making it to Legoland this time, especially since we visit San Diego and other parts of Southern Cali often and could always go on another trip.

Just wanted to get thoughts of some of the residents or expert tourists. :)

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laguna to Legoland and/or Sea Life Park

It isn't bad, you could take the PCH down to Dana Point and join the I-5, much of the trip will be through the Camp Pendleton area, which tends to not have heavy traffic most of the time, then you might hit a bit in Oceanside But should get there within 90 minutes, unless there is an accident.

Then get off at Cannon Road for the LEGOLAND Resort. (LEGOLAND and the SEALIFE Aquarium share the same parking lot).

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,371 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laguna to Legoland and/or Sea Life Park

To get to Sea Life Park drive to John Wayne Airport, board a flight for Honolulu, pick up a car at the airport, take the H-1 to the Kalanianaole Highway and it will be on your left in Waimanalo.

Now on the off hand chance you meant Sea Life Aquarium at Legoland.... :)

I'd just take Laguna Canyon to the 73 South (toll road) to the 5. It isn't a bad drive. The really bad drive in San Diego is the drive from Carlsbad to La Jolla and Downtown.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laguna to Legoland and/or Sea Life Park

Thanks to you both. Scott, I am originally from Hawaii, raised on Oahu, so you'll have to pardon my confusion. Trust me, I'd much rather go back to Oahu than Laguna, but the trip to Laguna is free.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,939 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laguna to Legoland and/or Sea Life Park

I honestly don't think it is worth it to take a 2year old to this park.

Check the height requirements before you go to see what the child will be able to do. Since you say that you visit southern California often I'd wait a year to do this!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
421 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laguna to Legoland and/or Sea Life Park

I was thinking the same thing. I think a day on the beach or exploring the tide pools near Shaws cove would be much better and, since you come often, I would wait until the little one is 3 or 4.

Two is a great age but if it's not a "once in a lifetime" trip, I think waiting a year or two is better. Plus, Laguna is awesome and much for flexible for naps, lunch, etc at that very sensitive age.

Tom - Owner

Anaheim Tour Company

Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laguna to Legoland and/or Sea Life Park

Unless your child is a HUGE Lego fan as my 8 yr old is (we were there in Oct.) I would say skip it and wait.. Cool but not too exciting and is defiantly no Disneyland. Have a great trip!

Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laguna to Legoland and/or Sea Life Park

Unless your child is a HUGE Lego fan as my 8 yr old is (we were there in Oct.) I would say skip it and wait.. Cool but not too exciting and is defiantly no Disneyland. Have a great trip!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laguna to Legoland and/or Sea Life Park

Thanks everyone I think we are going to hold off. We've found plenty of things to do with my son in Laguna Beach proper, so no need to head to Legoland this time. We'll definitely visit at some point probably when he's a bit older and can really appreciate it.

9. Re: Laguna to Legoland and/or Sea Life Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, June 20, 2013