We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Boston, MA
1 post
Save Topic
Weather

I am thinking of traveling to Laguna sometime in March, and I am wondering if its warm enough for the Beach then. I read another post that the weather is unpredictable, but in general are people out at the beach in March?

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Hard to say---2 weeks ago it was 85 degrees in socal. this week was in the 60's. You can never be too sure obviously. Laguna will still be nice to visit even if you just walk around and not take a dip in the ocean.

kansas city
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

I was curious about the same thing. I will be there March 8th staying at St. Regis. Any tips on attire would be appreciated for both the hotel and Laguna area.

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

the st regis is an awesome place. BUT, you will notice that the clientele is very upscale. The valet parking always has either a bentley, ferrari or whatever $150K plus car you can think of. Dont go overboard on the dress, but dont wear daisy dukes and a tank top.

everywhere else in laguna is pretty casual...but again, stick on the conservative side. People are very rich down there and while its not gucci and armani everywhere, people are still nicely dressed.

kansas city
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Thanks for the input; it gives me a little better direction. I have heard great things about the area and St. Regis. I just hope the weather is nice!

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

You'll love it down there. Make sure to talk a nice stroll down from the hotel, through the golf course and to the beach. Very nice walk and you'll see some nice houses too!

Also, i recommend the SR sunday brunch. its pricey $50-70 a person (depending on whether you get champagne), but very delicious!

After reading my last post, I dont want to give you the impression that everyone is snobby and dressed as such. Its very laid back and no one will look at you like a freak if you have jeans on or anything of the sort.

kansas city
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

heras -

I certainly didn't worry about people being snobby based on your last post. I feel comfortable in 'upscale' environments such as this, even though we won't be driving a $150,000 car! :) I do appreciate the input and we'll definitely have to try out the Sunday brunch.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

people are always walking around Laguna Beach no matter the weather (unless it is raining). If you are not at the St. Regis, it is pretty casual, jeans, capris, tshirts, flip flops, sandals even at the nicer places during the day. Nightly attire is more dressy if you are going to a hotel restaurant vs just a cafe/restaurant by the ocean.

I recommend Splashes restaurant in Surf and Sand Hotel. They have a great patio on the sand and some mornings you see dolphins playing...breakfast is around $8-15. (don't go for dinner unless you want to shell ($40 and up! although it is very nice.