We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

California Beach getaway with Hubby - but Where??

Arvada, Colorado
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
California Beach getaway with Hubby - but Where??

Hi there!

My husband and I are planning a last-minute four-day getaway (sans kids) and would like to spend this rare time together at a beach location somewhere in California.

Traveling from Denver, we are looking for a destination where we can relax and also have some fun - drinks and a nice dinner (no clubbing - we're in our mid-40s).

I've been researching San Diego, Santa Barbara and have looked at Laguna Beach a little. We're trying to find a mid- to high-end hotel either on the beach or with a full ocean view, within walking distance to restaurants and bars, with a nice pool and hopefully an onsite restaurant for room service.

I'm looking at the Surf and Sand Resort, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.....is there a town/city I'm not thinking of? A gem of a hotel or resort I haven't stumbled upon yet??

Thanks so much for any feedback!!

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Denver
Denver
Colorado
San Diego
San Diego
California
Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara
California
Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach
Orange County, CA
Surf & Sand Resort
Surf & Sand Resort
1,873 Reviews
Laguna Beach, CA
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: California Beach getaway with Hubby - but Where??

Wow - this is helpful stuff. My wife and I meet the first blog description almost exactly, happen to have four days from our kids and are looking for the same thing from Vancouver, BC. Great info. Any other recommendations on Santa Barbara - I have heard it is wonderful and is one place in California I have not spent much time in.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara
California
California
California
United States
Central Ca.
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: California Beach getaway with Hubby - but Where??

Post on the Santa Barbara forum, lots of good info there too.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara
California
13. Re: California Beach getaway with Hubby - but Where??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, October 07, 2012