We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean front "On the sand" location for birthday party.

Santa Ana...
2 posts
Save Topic
Ocean front "On the sand" location for birthday party.

Looking for place "on the beach" that is suitable for birthday party of 60 + people. Would like this party on the beach. Rather than a ocean front hotel thought someone might have suggestions where i can rent the space and have my own event planners & catering ? Perhaps, there is a private rental which might fit what i'm looking for ?

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean front "On the sand" location for birthday party.

All of the beaches are public to the mean high tide line. You can't "rent" the beach. In Huntington Beach, there are some beach-side picnic areas with tables and grills that you can reserve. In Newport Beach and Huntington Beach, people often get to the beach early and stake out a location for large parties on the public beach (but understand that there is no alcohol allowed on any of the beaches). Laguna Beach has few wide beach areas that would be suitable for large gatherings. There are some beach-front homes that you can rent for events which open onto the beach in Laguna Beach. I think you would have to find them through professional party planners though. Since you are planning on using event planners you might ask them to help you find a location.

Edited: 2:47 am, December 30, 2010
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,911 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean front "On the sand" location for birthday party.

Doheny State Beach in Dana Point has a nice grassy picnic/park area right next to the sand.Large groups have parties there all the time,you just need to apply for an alcohol permit.The events office is located in the new lifeguard station next to the creek.You could not set up right on the sand,but a few feet away on the grass.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean front "On the sand" location for birthday party.

I believe the alcohol permit dez refers to (which you have to pay for) allows service and consumption only on the designated picnic site and not the beach itself. None of the State Beaches allow consumption of alcohol on the sand.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,911 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean front "On the sand" location for birthday party.

That is true.No drinking on the sand,unless you want a hefty ticket.And there is a permit fee.

Santa Ana...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean front "On the sand" location for birthday party.

Thank you all for the suggestions and things to think about !!! I appreciate it.

6. Re: Ocean front "On the sand" location for birthday party.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, July 06, 2011