We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

kpf
usa
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

These look like beautiful vacation villas and wondering about the location. My kids like to surf so want to be close to that. Thanks.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

I'm not clear as to what hotel/resort you are referring to. Could you be more specific.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

I assume this is what you are referring to http://theretreatinlaguna.com/

I have no personal knowledge of this property. The address is 729 Gaviota Drive, Laguna Beach. You can check that on google maps for the location.

Edited: 2:30 am, July 13, 2010
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

It's a perfect location! Beach Access basically off the units, ocean views and beautiful, newly remodeled units. You won't need your car once you park. You're in the heart of downtown where the restaurants and shopping are. We stay every year in LB and this is a new gem just out on the market. I already booked next year at the Retreat.

Edited: 10:38 pm, August 15, 2010
Central Ca.
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

The Retreat looks wonderful; ambiance, location, everything!

If it doesn't work out for you, we stay at the Sunset Cove Villas just a bit North of the Retreat. They look very similar and I can assure that you would not be disappointed. We stay there for 2 weeks over Christmas/NewYears.

Orange County
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

They are beautiful Villas and the beach is right there.

Aliso Viejo...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

I know this is a bit late but I just stayed there last weekend. It was amazing. The location is about two blocks from downtown and a row back from the ocean but you still have an ocean view. It was my first post and it hasn't been cleared yet (or I did something wrong) anyway, great location but not sure about surfing. Waves when we were there were knee high paddleboard height. It is good for older kids because it has a kitchen and is close to everything but it is pretty quiet. My husband and I went and it was great for a romantic get-a-way. I can (It is ideal for that). It's more like renting a timeshare than hotel as far as on-sight staff. Wanted to move in and live there!

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

Thanks for your feedback ginalmim61. Even when an original post is dated, it is good to get feedback like yours as many other people will be interested in information regarding a great vacation rental. With the Spring and Summer seasons coming, your comments will be helpful for visitors planning their trips.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

Is the Retreat right on the beach?

Central Ca.
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

Ennas, 2 posters up has just stayed at the Retreat and said it is 1 row back from the ocean. Sunset Villas, also discussed in this thread, is right on the sand.

springfield, mo
Level Contributor
381 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Retreat In Laguna- has anyone stayed there?

The only problem with Sunset Villas is that only the 2 and 3 bedrooms have views of the water. You may get a peak at the ocean in a 1 bedroom but you have to go to the common area deck to get a true ocean view. They are beautiful though and the staff is very helpful. We ended up just renting a place at the Retreat for September. I hope its as nice as I think its going to be.