We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casa laguna inn or surf and sand resort?

Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
casa laguna inn or surf and sand resort?

We spent our anniversary at the Surf and Sand last year.. found the casa laguna through this site and saw the ratings were very high.

They are in the same price range. Which would u choose?

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
94 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: casa laguna inn or surf and sand resort?

The Casa Laguna is a very upscale B&B & the Surf N Sand is a very nice hotel - I'd pick the Surf N Sand as I'm not that into B&B's, no matter how nice, but depending on what you're looking for... If you pick the SNS, be sure & get a deluxe oceanfront room - their balconies hand out over the beach & surf, not out over the pool. Their rooms are gorgeous/baths less so.

Seattle
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: casa laguna inn or surf and sand resort?

Do you want location or experience. The Surf and Sand has a great beach front downtown location but the rooms can be small and poorly maintained. Casa Laguna is very impressive and well maintained, unfortunately it's not close to much, but you can always drive into town.

Southern California
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casa laguna inn or surf and sand resort?

Surf and Sand without a doubt. Book a lower room in the tower. You will be oceanfront.

Room 222 is just right.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
94 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: casa laguna inn or surf and sand resort?

Flyboy10 - were you actually talking about the Surf N Sand rooms? I've never had a small or poorly maintained one - the bathrooms could be better, but I'm used to 4 Ssns & Ritzs & Park Hyatts & don't think their rooms are small at all - plus that balcony constitutes major living space to me! (I have only stayed in their deluxe rooms, tho...)

Seattle
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: casa laguna inn or surf and sand resort?

Oooooppppsss Never mind. My mistake. I was thinking Hotel Laguna for some reason. No the Surf & Sand has very nice and somewhat expensive rooms. A great bar a very very good restaurant, and a tad cold lobby, and yes great views. If you stay when the surf is up and the tide is high to waves crashing on the base of the building can be very loud but all in all a nice place. My appologies for the confusion.....

Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: casa laguna inn or surf and sand resort?

Casa Laguna hands down

Casa Laguna is romantic, relaxing, and you won’t get a better breakfast in town. The chef and the owners are more than welcoming, you will not want to leave. Surf and Sand is nice, Casa Laguna Intimate