We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire in Laguna

London, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Car hire in Laguna

Hi I will be working in Laguna for a few days in September. I will then won't to hire a car at the end of this to get about (visit San Diego etc) but am having trouble finding car rental stations within Laguna area. The only one i've been given by my hotel is Enterprise, but they would in conjunction with them so the hotel won't give me any other names... if there are any?!

Would apprieciate some help.

Claire.

California
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire in Laguna

There aren't any car rental places "in" Laguna. But there are many around Laguna. As a resident of Laguna, I had to look in San Juan Capistrano to rent a car when mine was in the shop.

London, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire in Laguna

Where is this enterpise car hire that my hotel recommends? i assumed it was Laguna. From the Ritz Carlton how long would it take me to get to San C?

Many thanks

southern california
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire in Laguna

don't know what hotel in laguna your'e staying in but the enterprise rent a car i know of is at 2105 laguna canyon road...phone number is 949-494-1565. i was told they will pick you up at your location. enjoy!

California
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire in Laguna

Oh yeah, I was totally not thinking of in the canyon, I was thinking directly "in town" for a car rental. My apologies. I did have to go to San Juan Capistrano, must not have been anything available locally when I need a rental. San Juan is approximately 10-13 miles south. Maybe looking at the surrounding areas will give you some companies to compare. Good luck.

London, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire in Laguna

Hi Kristy, you say there must not of been anything locally available when you booked, are there other places to try or is San C good - sorry but i don't know the area that well :)

Thanks for your help.

C

California
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire in Laguna

There is an Avis in Laguna Niguel on Aliso Creek Rd (about 3.5 miles from Laguna)

There is an Advantage Rent A Car in Mission Viejo on Marguerite (aobut 6 miles from Laguna)

There is a Budget in Laguna Hills on Lake Forest (about 7 miles from Laguna)

There is a Hertz in Dana Point on Park Lantern (about 7 miles from Laguna)

I would call information and get phone numbers and see who will be best in getting the car to you and in price.

London, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire in Laguna

Excellent - thanks Kristy! non of the websites could find these locations... will definitely give them a call instead.

London, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire in Laguna

I potentially have a great rate from a rental station in San Clemente (got this before i saw your reply with the other suggestions)... how far is San Clemente from Laguna? I was thinking of getting a taxi there, do you know how much it would cost - or maybe there is a bus that goes that direction?

Thanks.

southern california
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire in Laguna

dear clairerosey...don't stress about a bus or taxi...most agencies will pick you up at your hotel....if the one in san clemente doesn't then perhaps the lower rate isn't worth the time and hassle.

London, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire in Laguna

Hi guys, thanks for all the replies. Ended up getting a lift to San Clemente and took the Greyhound from Dads Liquor store down to San Diego - only took couple of hours and was easy journey (£17 for two of us!) and then picked up the car from Alamo at the San Diego airport. Went through carhire3000.com and got a fantastic rate for the 3 days we needed. Seems like a strange way of doing it but it worked for us and was very easy... AND saved us a lot of money.