We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thanks and a few more questions

Which Laguna Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
thanks and a few more questions

thanks kristy laguna for all your help. would you suggest trying to find a different hotel such as the inn at laguna i think they had rooms still available? is there a difference between main beach and hessleir park or is it the same type of things going on? one last question for now anyways, what time do the bar bars and that club m stay open til? thanks again you are a great help.

California
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: thanks and a few more questions

Personally, I would suggest that you trade hotels if you can afford to, yes. The price difference between the Inn at Laguna and the Tides used to be a huge difference with good reason, but I don't know what work has been done to the Tides. Still the Inn at Laguna is a better location.

Heisler park is basically a walkway that begins where Main Beach ends. It winds above the beaches north of Main Beach with grassy areas between the walkway and the street.

Not much going on on the beach below Heisler Park usually due lots of rocks and high tide, not much beach area. But towards the north end of Heilser Park is Diver's Cove where kayakers and scuba divers come in and out.

Main Beach is where most tourist converge and locals walk by with their dogs, etc. It gets crowded. If you want away from the crowds or want to check out the local crowd, walk south from Main Beach up to Brooks Street and check out the crowd there. The young locals tend to hang there. But the more word gets out (like I'm doing here), they move more south.

Hook up with some younger people when you come into town and they can give you a better run down. I think all the bars close at 1:50 am. Club M only happening on Fri and Sat night and if you spend $20 on dinner you can get 1 VIP entrance into the club. Otherwise a $10 cover. The club opens at 8:30. And the other bars in town are nothing like it. All the other bars are very kick-back and you could probably wear your board shorts in to them.

California
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: thanks and a few more questions

Hey, just to add: It looks like recent reviews on the The Tides are really good. So, you might want to take their word for it. Like I said, I haven't been since the remodel. Maybe you can save some money. Good luck. Have fun and stay out of trouble.