We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna Cliffs Resort at Dana Point - how far from Laguna?

Which Laguna Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
Laguna Cliffs Resort at Dana Point - how far from Laguna?

We'd like to stay in Laguna beach, but can't seem to find a decent clean and new property for under $300 available for the date we need.

Is the Laguna Cliffs @ Dana Point a good alternative? How far is it? How far is it from Laguna?

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laguna Cliffs Resort at Dana Point - how far from Laguna?

I did a mapquest on it for you. From this hotel to Main Beach in Laguna Beach it is 18 minutes drive.

Have you checked into the Blue Lantern Inn...a bed and breakfast inn in Dana Point? They have some rooms from $175-$275 Includes a bountiful breakfast, afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres,

home-baked cookies, refreshing sodas, evening turn down service, morning newspaper delivery, bicycles to borrow, complimentary parking and use of the fitness room

I was there next door at Cannon restaurant recently and the view of the harbor is magnificent.

bluelanterninn.com

The rooms look really nice.

If you check under my profile and photos I have posted a couple of the Blue Lantern and the harbor view.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laguna Cliffs Resort at Dana Point - how far from Laguna?

Laguna Cliffs is a nice place, up on a bluff overlooks Dana Point Harbor. The drive to Laguna is scenic and not too long, maybe 10 minutes to south laguna. Also close to San Clemente which has better swimming beaches.

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laguna Cliffs Resort at Dana Point - how far from Laguna?

I was down there at the harbor Wednesday. I think the Laguna Cliffs is a great option. It is up high with a great view.

Whatever you do, dont eat at the Wind and Sea restaurant for a nice dinner. We were very dissappointed. I would choose the Chart House or The Beach House instead.

4. Re: Laguna Cliffs Resort at Dana Point - how far from Laguna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Laguna Beach