We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Jolla Happy Hour Choices

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
La Jolla Happy Hour Choices

When visiting La Jolla in the past, we always went to The Whaling Bar for Happy Hour. It was my all time favorite. I really appreciated the locals that I met there and the old school feel of it. Unfortunately, I see that it has been demolished. I was wondering does the La Sala Lounge in the La Valencia have a bar area or is it just the couches in the lobby? Are there other recommendations for Happy Hour? We are not staying at La Valencia, but are within walking distance. Thanks!

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Jolla Happy Hour Choices

I don't know about La Valencia, but George's (at the Cove) Bar has a great happy hour, as do Nine-Ten and Roppongi. Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but many restaurants in La Jolla have happy hour. Whisknladle, Prepkitchen, Tapenade...

Edited: 7:30 pm, October 07, 2013
San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Jolla Happy Hour Choices

Here's a list: kingofhappyhour.com/sandiego/…La_Jolla

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
126 reviews
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: La Jolla Happy Hour Choices

I like Public House La Jolla or Karl Strauss Brewery & Restaurant. Herringbone is pretty, though I have not been there to eat. Good luck!

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,674 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Jolla Happy Hour Choices

Check out the deck at Eddie V's--amazing view overlooking the ocean to go with your cocktails. We Olive also has a nice view if you can get a table.

Edited: 9:51 pm, October 08, 2013
San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Jolla Happy Hour Choices

We're going to Eddie V's this Saturday for happy hour, so I'll let you know how it is for that.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,674 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Jolla Happy Hour Choices

make sure you go upstairs/open air deck....view is spectacular....they also have live jazz--at least on the weekends I know of--when you will be going....not sure what time it begins--you might want to call ahead. Salud.

Edited: 12:55 pm, October 09, 2013
7. Re: La Jolla Happy Hour Choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 11, 2014