We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf in the La Jolla Area

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Golf in the La Jolla Area

Hi, I will be in Rancho Santa Fe the end of May, Can anyone recommend where to play golf within a reasonable drive? Something mid-range. I know some courses nearby(like La Costa or Torry Pines are nearby, but kind of high. Something nice, playable, pretty, but not exorbitant. I am used to Eagle Mountain in Scottsdale if you are familiar with that, so something comparable.

Thanks

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,974 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf in the La Jolla Area

I'd look at Steele Canyon, The Crossings at Carlsbad and maybe Barona Creek Golf Club.

Pauma Valley, CA
Level Contributor
405 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf in the La Jolla Area

Welk Resort Escondido. Vineyard Escondido. Most have weekday specials.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
138 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf in the La Jolla Area

San Clemente is very nice and reasonably priced, but you are driving a bit to get there.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf in the La Jolla Area

There are plenty of public golf couses in San Diego (La Jolla is a community in the city of San Diego).

…about.com/od/outdoorrecreatio1/tp/The-Best-…

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf in the La Jolla Area

thanks all, I will look into these, let you know.

By the way, if you ever play scottsdale, Eagle Mountain is a must.

6. Re: Golf in the La Jolla Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, May 18, 2014