We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just want a room with a deck overlooking water!

SF Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Just want a room with a deck overlooking water!

We want to find a room with a deck that we can relax on - def need a view of water! We're in our 50's and don't need to go onto the beach though. Don't want to spend $500 a night either. What are the recommendations? - anywhere from San Diego up to Orange County. Need this room for a weekend late in June.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,697 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just want a room with a deck overlooking water!

In San Diego there are tons of choices!! Downtown overlooking the bay are :the Marriott&Marina,Manchester Grand Hyatt and Holiday Inn on the Bay(not others with similar sounding names) These are different price points but NOT $500.

Overlooking La jolla Cove is the La Jolla Cove&Suites and the Grand Colonial.

On the beach at Pacific Beach is Pacific Terrace. On the beach at La Jolla Shores is The Sea Lodge. Obviously you will have to ask for waterfront views at each of these places.

I fyou will not have a rental car then I think the downtown on the bay location is the best for you. With a car I, and not needing to be on the sand ,I would then pick La Jolla Cove.

California
Level Contributor
158 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just want a room with a deck overlooking water!

Check out the Sea Lodge in La Jolla, we stayed right on the beach for $280 a night. Rare price for a decent place. It's a little aged and 70's, but service is amazing and beach is beautiful.

Their beach service guys set up towels and chairs on the sand for you. they will also build a bbq on the sand for you and bring out food for grilling at night. LOVED it

Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just want a room with a deck overlooking water!

I think there are also nice places in del mar- they have a great beach. We always see dolphins in the morning playing in the waves.

4. Re: Just want a room with a deck overlooking water!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:54 pm, June 20, 2006
5. Re: Just want a room with a deck overlooking water!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 14, 2009