We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego activities

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
San Diego activities

I will be travelling to San Diego in early April and will be staying for a few nights. While we are staying there it will be my Boyfriends birthday. We are both in our 20's and I was hoping to plan some activities for the day time and somewhere interesting/romantic/different for dinner. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could make this a fun day?

Thank you

Coral

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,042 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego activities

Hi Coral_W,

Welcome to the forums. Where exactly will you be staying and will you have a car??? I ask because the areas of the city are quite spread out and not all are equally accessible to public transit.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Diego activities

a fun day for me would be heading down to pacific beach in the morning and walk, roller blade, bike along the board walk between pacific and mission beach. have a late breakfast or lunch in the area. head out to cabrillo national monument to see that. spend the late afternoon at the beach (maybe ocean beach to watch the surfers and walk the pier and enjoy the unique shops along newport avenue) or back at the hotel, then go to sunset cliffs for a romantic sunset - it's beautiful - then off for a nice dinner.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Diego activities

Give him a birthday gift of a tandem flight over Torrey Pines.

https:/…

That would be different.

Level Contributor
34,201 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Diego activities

There is a restaurant called 1500 Ocean at The Del that is excellent! You could walk on the beach after dinner and catch a sunset. :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Diego activities

Thank you for all the suggestions, I'll look into the tandem flight!

We haven't booked anywhere to stay yet (so open to suggestions there aswell) we will have a car, so fairly flexible about where we can go.

Thanks

6. Re: San Diego activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 27, 2014