We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy hour location

Yarmouth, Maine
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Happy hour location

Im looking for a place that could host 20-30 of us for a happy hour on a Wednesday night. I'm not familiar with the city so not even sure what area to target for friends in the 20-30 year od age range? What's a good after-work area and then restaurant or bar?

Thanks

San Diego...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy hour location

SoPoMain,

Try www.georgesatthecove.com, it has multiple levels, each with a different atmosphere. It's a good place for groups and have an excellent reputation.

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy hour location

Second Jerry's suggestion.

Yarmouth, Maine
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy hour location

Thanks folks, I'll try them.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy hour location

Are you looking specifically in La Jolla? George's is good, but you can also try the new Herringbone, which seems to cater to your age group.

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
658 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy hour location

Hi SoPoMaine -

The best deal in La Jolla for what you need is Roppongi Restaurant on Prospect Street (858-551-5252). They have a great patio with a big fireplace in the middle and their tapas are the best in town. I went to a La Jolla Town Council mixer there recently, and the patio easily accommodated about 50 people, so your group would have enough room to move around and yet not feel like the space was too big. My guess is that George's would cost twice what Roppongi would charge because they have such a big reputation, but your group would have a great time at Roppongi (which, by the way, does not have an ocean view). If you're set on an ocean view, I'd see what Eddie V's has to offer.

Enjoy.

Elizabeth Hansen

www.LaJollaTravelInformation.com

Yarmouth, Maine
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy hour location

Thanks

7. Re: Happy hour location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 25, 2013