We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In seach of nice hotel...

California
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
In seach of nice hotel...

Looking for a nice hotel for a family of four - including 2 teens. Going to a graduation Memorial Day weekend at USD. Being that it is a three day weekend I thought SD might be too crazy, and maybe La Jolla wouldn’t as bad??? How far away is La Jolla from USD?

Pool is very important and mom would like (love) to be near the ocean. Hotel needs to nice but not too expensive - hoping for under 180.00...

Any recommendations would help. I was looking at Radisson Hotel and Holiday Inn Express???

La Jolla, CA
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In seach of nice hotel...

I would avoid Holiday Inn Express - busy street location, not very good reviews. Radisson is nice hotel, although not very close to the town of La Jolla, so you would have to drive into town - only about 3 miles. It is very near the freeway, so some rooms may be noisy. Memorial Day weekend might be somewhat more expensive, but take a look at the Sea Lodge - RIGHT on a great beach, nice pool. It was our most favorite when our kids were growing up,,, and before we moved here.

Another choice might be Pacific Beach - the teens would love it, and it is a bit less pricey. Lots of USD and UCSD and SD State students live here. Best Western Blue Sea Lodge has a pool, with the beach right outside. May be a bit over your price range. Again, Memorial Day weekend is pricey.

USD is about 10 miles away - shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to get there.