We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spotting seals in la jolla in late June

Spencerport, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
spotting seals in la jolla in late June

The wildlife spotting aspect of La Jolla makes me want to make a stop there. Anyone know if end of June is a good time to spot seals? Also , any particular place to go to see the seals? Can you see them easily or do you have to do some exploring? Thanks!!

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: spotting seals in la jolla in late June

I'd like to clarify that folks can easily see both SEALS and SEA LIONS (which are two different creatures) within a short walk from each other in La Jolla. Both areas can be reached by paved sidewalks, which should make things relatively smooth even for someone with a walker.

This is probably one of the best areas I've seen where both can be seen so close.

Here's a link to more about the Harbor Seals

lajollafriendsoftheseals.org/about.html

And more info about the California Sea Lions

…nationalgeographic.com/animals/…

12. Re: spotting seals in la jolla in late June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 29, 2012