We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cow Parade!

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Cow Parade!

I happened to make a quick trip to La Jolla this weekend and was greeted by the sight of Bovines! Yes folks, I am a Cow Parade fan!

After tracking down most of the herd, I am wondering ... anyone know if the La Jolla event has a poster for sale?

When we had the event in Atlanta, our local mall sold Cow Parade souvenirs ... I didn't see anything like that at UTC, but am hoping some place else around town might?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cow Parade!

Ohh, thanks for reminding me. I'm heading down to SD today. Will print the map before I leave and see the cows this week. Ends June 15, I'll be just in time.

Here's the link to their store: http://store.cowparade.com/

Don't see a poster. But if I see one, I'll let you know. PM me if you want me to get you one.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,064 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cow Parade!

I have to tell you guys that I was VERY disappointed in the quality of the cows! I saw the ones they had in Chicago a few years ago and these are just so tacky in comparison.(IMHO)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cow Parade!

I just got back from SD and I, sadly, agree with riffsmom. I went to La Jolla early, before the shops were open, to see the cows. While the walk around LJ is fun, I was very disappointed in the quality of the artwork. Most of them looked like the paint was thrown on from 4 feet away.

They're only on display until 6/15 but if anyone is thinking of making a special trip, I'd recommend not bothering.

4. Re: Cow Parade!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 am, December 12, 2009