We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about the beach at La Jolla Shores

tyler, texas
Level Contributor
271 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about the beach at La Jolla Shores

My son loves to skimboard...is it too rocky at La Jolla Shores Beach for him to do that?...or are there large flat areas in the sand at the shore where he could do that? Also, are there any seashells at La Jolla Shores? If not, what beach should we visit to collect sea shells? (my 4 year old daughter loves doing that).

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,725 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about the beach at La Jolla Shores

I don't know enough about skimboarding to help but this guy might.

http://sdskimschool.blogspot.com/

Lomita, CA
Level Contributor
620 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about the beach at La Jolla Shores

We don't have the best seashells in the world here, but they're still fun to look for. For the most part, the prettiest ones are very, very tiny.

My old boyfriend used to skimboard on the sands at Solana Beach, just north of Del Mar.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about the beach at La Jolla Shores

I have seen kids skimboard at La Jolla Shores. It's mostly a sandy beach, so it is perfect. You will hardly find any seashells in LJS. The shells that you do find are the basic boring little shells. You can find an occasional sand dollar.

4. Re: Questions about the beach at La Jolla Shores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 13, 2009