We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Jolla Shores Hotel Remodel??

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
La Jolla Shores Hotel Remodel??

I had read on their website that the La Jolla Shores hotel was going to undergo a room remodel in 2008. Does anyone know the status? We went a while ago and while clean they could certainly use updating so I was just curious if anyone had any first-hand knowledge.

Thanks!!

California
Level Contributor
203 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Jolla Shores Hotel Remodel??

We stayed next door at the LJBTC a couple of weeks ago and noticed when walking by on the public sidewalk that many of the ocean-front rooms at La Jolla Shores were being repainted. Aside from that observation, I don't know what they are doing to update/remodel.

Central NJ
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: La Jolla Shores Hotel Remodel??

The oceanfront rooms are currently under rennovation.

We had reserved an oceanfrom room, and upon our arrival on May 21, 2008, were told that the rooms were under rennovation.

They booked us in oceanfront suite at the LaJolla Beach and Tennis Club. It was very nice upgrade.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Jolla Shores Hotel Remodel??

Thanks for the info. We stayed there several years ago and it was OK at that point but that location is fabulous and we would love to return. But the reviews have been so awful lately, I am happy to hear they are doing some updating. Hopefully we'll start to see some better reviews soon!

4. Re: La Jolla Shores Hotel Remodel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, September 30, 2009