We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
lodging

I am interested in beach front lodging. It would be nice to have a microwave and refridgerator. I would like for it to be walking distance to shopping and restaurants. I would prefer it to be under $200. We will be staying Jan. 1-6, 2008 I will post this on several locations because I am interested in a place anywhere from Cambria to San Diego. Are there any adult only resorts in this area? I have been reading these forums but haven't found a place yet. I am hoping to get some fresh ideas. Thanks. Marlyne

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,215 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging

There are no adult only beachfront RESORTS that I know of in California.There are some B&Bs that are adult only but they are not necessarily on the beach.There are some destination spas that are adult only but again not on the beach. In Palm Springs there are some adult only clothing optional hotels but NOT on the beach.

So if you want beachfront lodging without children, then San Diego county (including La Jolla)will not be the place for you.

You might consider renting a condo on a beach. That will give you privacy and space but of course the beach itself is public.

Try www.vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner)

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging

Thanks for the info. Marlyne

3. Re: lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 09, 2009