We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prospect or Girard

So. Cal.
3 posts
Save Topic
Prospect or Girard

I visited La Jolla this past week, and went into a shop that I think was called L Jourdan on Prospect or Girard. They had objects and linens from Provence. They had a lovely tablecloth that I want to buy, but can't find them online and can't even remember the name of the store properly. Anyone out there have any ideas?

Country French shopper

San Marcos, CA
Level Contributor
260 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prospect or Girard

Roche Bobois Les Provinciales

(858) 459-5711

7607 Girard Ave

La Jolla, CA 92037

Is this the place you are looking for?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,215 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prospect or Girard

You know francis, I found the same place and wondered but then the names are soo different. I couldn't find anything at all like the posted name.

So. Cal.
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Prospect or Girard

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, this is not the store I am looking for. The one I saw the tablecloth in was small and intimate. It was right next door to a candy shop which featured various candy apples in the window. Down the street was the Fingerhut Gallery.

Any more ideas?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prospect or Girard

try this........ evert stunz

7624 girard ave

858-459-3305

evertstunz.com

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prospect or Girard

I think it might be on Prospect, because I know there's a store with the candy apples and chocolates, and the Fingerhut gallery is on Prospect. Maybe I'll drive by there tomorrow... There is a booth at the Sunday LJ farmers market that carries Provence linens. Maybe they're the same people?

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prospect or Girard

OK, I went by the store. It used to be a shell/fossil store, and it right next door to Cartier. It is Sylvie Jourdan--France, and it is on 1131 Prospect St. They were closed, so I didn't get the phone number, but I did find their website:

http://www.sylviejourdan.com/STORES.html

So. Cal.
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Prospect or Girard

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. This HAS to be it. I was not able to get the link you posted to work, but I will keep trying.

CountryFrenchShopper

8. Re: Prospect or Girard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, September 05, 2009