We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moondoggies

germany
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Moondoggies

I know the moondoggies from my last trip and so far loved the casual atmosphere and plan to hang out there again early June.

Any suggestions for a change - i'd be thankful .

I have 3 evenings to spend in La Jolla

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moondoggies

Here are a few restaurants comparable to Moondoggies:

Karl Strauss

sandiego-online.com/dining/…lajolla.html

Jose's

http://www.joses.com/

The Spot - From a review:

You can't miss The Spot, close to the corner of Prospect and Girard. It has an old English feel but serves good American food, featuring fresh lobster at prices that will put a smile on the faces of shoppers suffering from sticker-shock. A bar runs along one side of the dining room, presided over by Mario, one of the friendliest bartenders around.

The extensive menu seemingly offers something for everyone, including a full page of "specials." The prime rib sandwich (a "special") is really good, generous slices of beef on a large onion roll. The Spot burger is a half-pound of Black Angus beef on a toasted bun, guaranteed so big it is hard to finish. The Spot also offers a steak menu, salads, sandwiches and a pizza menu with lots of toppings choices. Prices are inexpensive to moderate. The Spot is at 1005 Prospect St. Phone: (858) 459-0800.

germany
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moondoggies

Thanks Chissis for "spotting" that to me ;)

This place sure will see me for an evening - sounds like a deal