We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

Which Klamath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
567 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

We will be in Klamath in the latter 1/2 of Sept for a day and would like to do both. Considering the weather, which should we do in the morning (and the other in the afternoon)? Thank you.

12 replies to this topic
Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

I would contact the Jet Boat people and ask them. Water is almost always quieter in the morning than later, but I don't know about the Klamath. It doesn't matter what time you visit the Trees of Mystery.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

It was very foggy in the morning when we were there last month (which is normal for the summer) so hopefully the fog clears up for you. So fog is a consideration also. We managed to spend 3 nights in Klamath without going to either the Jet Boat or Tree of Mystery.

California
Level Contributor
567 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

Thanks to both of you. Is fog more of a concern for the boat or tree trip?

AL -- could you share what you did for the 3 nights?

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

The redwoods are wonderful in the fog. I don't think the Sky Trail is high enough to be effected by the fog.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

Happy to share what we did in our 3 nights staying at the Requa House tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32564-d613073-…

Here's a laundry list along with links:

1. Lighthouse in Crescent City: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60944-d1169…

2. Enderts Beach and Crescent Beach Overlook: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g2193168-d24…

3. Klamath River Overlook where we saw some whales: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g32564-d2483…

4. After seeing the Klamath River mouth/spit from above, we walked on it avoiding the dangerous surf -- there was a native village exhibit there: www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx…

5. Tall Trees Grove (3 mile RT hike -- need permits): tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g28926-d11…

It was a very enjoyable time for our family. I agree with @travelingrunnuer that fog and redwoods go together. Especially with the light filtering through the trees -- beautiful.

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

I should also note that fog is rare in September.

In addition to the list above there is Lake Earl for nice rolling trails(awesome for running) and bird watching. I think there are other ways to get there, but this is where I park: http://goo.gl/maps/0edJD If you satellite map you can see the parking lot (gray rectangle) just above this intersection.

Also the old hwy 101 is absolutely gorgeous. This is where I usually park. It is easy to miss & is dangerous to pull in here. There are parking trail heads that will get you to the same place. http://goo.gl/maps/81u4z

www.redwoodhikes.com/DelNorte/LastChance.html

Also drive along the ocean along South Pebble Beach Drive. Very pretty.

http://goo.gl/maps/1KImf

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

And if you can stop at Lassen Volcanic NP on your way back south, I'm sure you'll make @travelingrunner's day.

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

:-) And there hopefully won't be any smoke, which believe me does a poor imitation of fog, plus there's the lung burning)-:

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

This year, we've been to Denver and Lassen. Was there right for the Colorado Wildfires but left before the fires at Lassen. Hopefully everything is under control.

California
Level Contributor
567 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery

Thanks again for all the tips, very cool.

Reply to: Klamath Jet Boat Tour & Tree of Mystery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Klamath