We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed for Komodo visit

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help needed for Komodo visit

Im hoping to fit a 2day/1night trip in to see the komodo National Park after reading so many great reviews.

I will be in Bali before and after this trip and need help to arrange flights to and from LBJ. I understand it is better if you get there a day before your trip so you can be on the boat early the next morning. However, i am wondering if it is possible to catch a flight back to Bali on the night after the second day of the tour instead of having to stay in a hotel another night. How far is the airport away from the centre of town?

Thanks in advance!

Komodo Island
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Komodo National Park
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Batu Bolong Reef
Reefs, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Rinca Island
Islands, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed for Komodo visit

Hi,

You would need to check out the airlines to see what time they depart and bear in mind you need to check in about 1.5 to 2 hours prior to departure.

The airport is very near to town and it would only take you about 10 to 15 mins by taxi from the harbour.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed for Komodo visit

The airport is not far from the pier, maybe 10-15 minutes by taxi. I stayed at Hotel Blessing. With the 2D/1N boat trip it usually end about 5pm on the second day. You will want to make the most of it. But if you charter the boat just for yourself you can end the trip earlier than that. I am not sure the last flight from Labuanbajo to Bali. There is Garuda leaving at 4.15pm I think.

Edited: 5:52 pm, January 05, 2014
Niteroi, RJ
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed for Komodo visit

I've looked on 4 airlines that do Denpassar-Labuan Bajo, and none of them had a night flight. I think you will need to sleep on Labuan and take the early flight on the next day.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed for Komodo visit

Does anyone know if it is possible to arrive and go straight to the harbour for a boat.

There is a flight that lands at 8am so i'm assuming I could be down the harbour for 9am or is this too risky?

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed for Komodo visit

I would say too risky, as don't forget unless you arrange the trip in advance (and possibly pay a deposit), then the boat owners don't know you are coming. They will have to rush around and buy provisions etc for the trip.

Not impossible to do, but you will have to set off much later and maybe not get the "full" trip. Plus they will know you are desperate to go and you will have lost any negotiating power you have.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help needed for Komodo visit

Thanks for the reply

I think I will we book over the internet and get some information from the operator about this issue.

Batam Center...
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help needed for Komodo visit

I'm planning a similar trip beginning of April. Can I know how your trip when???

8. Re: Help needed for Komodo visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 pm, November 06, 2017
9. Re: Help needed for Komodo visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 26, 2015