We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Taiyuan airport to Pingyao?

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Taiyuan airport to Pingyao?

My wife and I will be flying into Taiyuan Wusu airport on Friday. Could anyone recommend a not-too-complicated way to get from the airport to Pingyao? We've booked a hotel (The Kylin Grand Hotel) inside the city walls in Pingyao. Train? Bus? Thanks much!

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,929 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Taiyuan airport to Pingyao?

Take a taxi to main train station for the train to Pingyao (ticket available on the spot).

I would like to remind you about the taxi situation at Taiyuan airport: You are very likely to be ripped off even you are local Taiyuaner. You never escape but only when you try to grape a cab (on second floor) dropping passenger from city . They tend to run meter or to give you a reasonable quote 50 RMB. The cabs waiting for clients quote generally 80 or more.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Taiyuan airport to Pingyao?

Thank you, Guilin!

3. Re: How to get from Taiyuan airport to Pingyao?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, July 11, 2013