We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Accommodation in October

Which Sihanoukville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Accommodation in October

Hi

We are planning to stay in Sikhanoukville in mid October, I have booked for 2 nights and was thinking of just winging it from then on, so I was wondering does it get booked out in October or will we be able to easily find accommodation or should I book for the whole 8 days.

Thanks

Chrissy

Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Accommodation in October

October should be no problem. Even during the high season you should be able to find a decent room. You would only need to book in advance if you have your heart set on a particular hotel.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Accommodation in October

Hi

Thanks for that Shaddrach

Cheers Chrissy

Sihanoukville...
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Accommodation in October

Chrissy, you shouldn't have any problem at all finding rooms in October.Its the middle of the low/rainy season and the town will be very quiet.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Accommodation in October

Hi Hotdigr

Thanks for that but I hope it won't be too quiet, we love meeting people from all over the world and have a few drinks and laughs.

Cheers Chrissy

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,666 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Accommodation in October

Apparently wet season is very wet in Sihnoukville, can't imagine there would be that many visitors around

Sihanoukville...
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Accommodation in October

Will be VERY quiet! Still a lot of decent expats in town though.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Accommodation in October

Hi Hotdigr

Will it be very wet, we are usually in Thailand at that time of the year and there are a few downpours and that's it. I am finding the prices of accommodation on Booking.com and Agoda seem to be going up. We would like a nice hotel with a pool and not a back-packers type of place, do you think we will get better deals when we get there than booking now on a website.

Thanks

Cheers Chrissy

Sihanoukville...
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Accommodation in October

Chrissy, last year was a bit of an aberration, but it was WET! The 2012 October was a lot drier. Who knows what this year will bring. Yes you will almost definitely get better deals by walking in at that time of year.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Accommodation in October

Thanks for all your help Hotdigr.

Chrissy

10. Re: Hotel Accommodation in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 27, 2015