We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Rong ....solo traveller

Which Sihanoukville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Topic
Koh Rong ....solo traveller

Im looking to spend a few days in sihanoukville (serendipity) then over to koh rong. Im going to be there mid december and wondering as its peak time would i still be able to get boat/accomodation on koh rong if i dont book before i get to sihanouk? Is 3 days long enough on koh rong? Thanks

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Rong ....solo traveller

You should be fine even if you don't book in advance. Three days is enough, but most end up wanting to stay longer.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Rong ....solo traveller

Ah cool think i'll put aside a week for sihanoukville and take it from there. Im travelling down from lonely beach in koh chang but need to be in samui for xmas so bit of a tight schedule.

Sihanoukville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Rong ....solo traveller

The boat should be no problem. There is a ferry service going twice a day and will add more boats to the service during peak season. If you are not picky about accommodation, you should be able to find a bed in high season. If you want a bungalow outside of the village I suggest booking ahead as those fill up quickly. As far as how long to spend, that depends on what else you want to do. If you do any of the day trips (SCUBA diving, snorkeling, trekking, fishing) you may want to spend a few more days. A lot of people end up staying longer than they planned. They have even made the return ferry tickets open ended because so many people change their plans.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Rong ....solo traveller

Great thanks for the advice.

5. Re: Koh Rong ....solo traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 16, 2014