We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kho Rong question

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kho Rong question

Is it worth staying in Sihanoukville or would we be better off going straight to Kho Rong and staying there for a few days?

We are thinking of heading there on the second half of our Cambodia trip to relax after visiting all the temples at Angkor.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kho Rong question

Hi. I just came from Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Kampot, Otres, Koh Rong and now back in Otres 2. In my opinion I would skip Serendipity Beach (seedy vibe) in Sihanoukville and stay at Otres 1 or Otres 2 beaches just 15 minutes south. I don't know what you like but Otres is more calm, quiet, relaxing. Serendipity and in Sihanoukville you'll find more party atmosphere. I know there are great resort hotels there if that's what you like but cheap, beach, mello bungalows are in Otres. In Koh Rong if you can find a place on the west side on Long Beach that's the best thing on that island. Gorgeous beach and waters. I didn't see any bungalows when I was just there after hiking through the jungle from the east side. Koh Rong Saloem to the south of Koh Rong is even more secluded and there is a bungalow on the west side Lazy Beach. To sum up, I would skip Sihanoukville unless you stay just south at Otres 2 beach or just go straight to the west side of Koh Rong or Koh Rong Saloem for seclusion and white beaches. It is a perfect way to end a Cambodian trip.

Edited: 11:50 pm, May 07, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kho Rong question

I'd skip Sihanoukville altogether and head straight to Koh Rong, beaches much nicer! If you want to party stay somewhere near the pier like Coco or Monkey, if you would prefer somewhere more secluded and relaxing go for Pura Vita, it's on it's own beach.

3. Re: Kho Rong question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 13, 2014