We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel didn't like my honest review, got TA to take it off?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
705 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel didn't like my honest review, got TA to take it off?

I just gave a Sihanoukville hotel a "poor rating" based on my 100% HONEST experiences while staying there and the owner had TA remove it.Why?

As far as I know, I didn't violate any of TA's rules but the owner didn't like it(the truth) so they had it removed.....hmmmmm

Sihanoukville...
2 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Hotel didn't like my honest review, got TA to take it off?

Hi Kev & Jho, I am the owner of Coolabah Hotel where your review was removed. I promise you, it is pretty much impossible for a hotel to have a review removed. The truth is, you didn’t stay at our hotel but posted a review anyway, even rating sleep quality. You walked-in and were shown a room we only book sight seen as at the time (it’s now been renovated) it was our cheapest room so too chancy to let to on-line bookings not seeing the room. I believe the hotel was pretty much full so there was little choice to show you. You didn’t like the room, fair enough and left.

TripAdvisor is pretty much anonymous and we can wait months for a reply from them so I can’t get your review removed instantly. I’m guessing the fact that you didn’t stay at the hotel, even though you rated the sleep quality, was the primary reason your review was removed. We have a bad review saying we don’t have a pool (it was never advertised as such) and now have a pool but still can’t get that review removed so it isn’t easy.

We work really really hard to run a hotel. It isn’t easy and there isn’t much money in it in Sihanoukville so it’s always a struggle. What we’ve learned is that when a guest has had a great trip; weather, relaxed, met someone; that influences their posts, if they have had a bad travel experience it tarnishes most aspects, including the hotel stay.

I’m sorry you are so frustrated about your review but we didn’t have it removed, if it was that easy all hotesl would only have glowing reviews. Hope the rest of your travels are not spoilt by this one factor, enjoy what you can and let go of the rest. Have fun and all the best, Verona

Sihanoukville...
2 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Hotel didn't like my honest review, got TA to take it off?

Hi again Kev & Jho, I’m not sure if I have responded to the correct thread. If you didn’t leave the review in question for Coolabah that was removed, please forgive me, I am confusing you with a reviewer who is angry about the same thing; a review being removed. However, in our case the reviewer didn’t stay at the hotel but reviewed anyway as you can read in our post. again, may I say it's almost impossible for a hotel to get a review removed. All the best, Verona

Vancouver
Level Contributor
705 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Hotel didn't like my honest review, got TA to take it off?

Hi Verona....

You've got the wrong thread, as I didn't stay at, nor rate your hotel. Due to your great ratings here at TA, I did however stop in there and TRIED to rent, but all your rooms where already booked up.All is forgiven, not too worry!

I re-posted on the place I wasn't happy with as my first rating, did not comply with TA's guidlines.

Cheers!

sydney
Level Contributor
389 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Hotel didn't like my honest review, got TA to take it off?

"I still use TA's hotel reveiws when selecting a potential hotel to stay in ,but my selecting process has changed. Personally I disregard all "One time reveiws" and only read the reveiews of long time experienced travellers who have reveiwed many places and who post up on the travel forums., as I believe these posts to be truly authentic."

I follow the above when researching my shortlist. I do read all posts but exercise caution with 1 time posts.

I read the OP latest review of the B & B in question. Two issues were tuk tuk transport and no bathroom soap. A later review from a first time poster just happens to focus on tuk tuk transport and provision of soap. Maybe I'm just a cynic lol.

Sihanoukville...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
35. Re: Hotel didn't like my honest review, got TA to take it off?

Power house one will take you shoes while you're gone for lunch. I had $400 stolen from my room, my friend $500, another a 42" lcd, a laptop, another guy $100. Staff all work together. Stay the hell away from here or you'll loose your shirt

sydney
Level Contributor
389 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Hotel didn't like my honest review, got TA to take it off?

I thought this thread was familiar. I posted last July. Further to my post:

Having read the Owner's reply my view is it is unacceptable. Why?

The Owner should have addressed why there was no new soap upon check-in. Cleaner incompetence? To simply offer 2nd hand soap reflects poor customer service. I have sympathy for the OP on this issue.

Laundry issue - if they only offer a 48hr service accept it. The Owner made an alternative offer albiet pay double, & the customer can say yes or no. I would have done what the OP did but I could not justify a complaint from the experience. I don't have sympathy for the OP on this issue.

Internet code - despite the fact I do my research before I travel not as I travel I have never travelled toting a computer around. However, if an Owner is supposed to provide this code upon check-in or forgot to provide it after being specifically asked to provide it, then again, poor customer service. I have sympathy for the OP on this issue.

I've read all the reviews since I posted & make the following comments:

Clearly, people who stay, either aware or not of its isolation have no problem whatever it costs for tuk tuk transport to & from the GH. Frankly, given it's location one does not have much of a choice. Far be it for me to suggest that the Owner has a financial understanding (to ensure stable prices) with 'x' no. of drivers to provide their service when called upon.

Some reviewers who made negative comments clearly did not do their research before deciding to make a reservation. I have no sympathy for these travellers. Again, given the Owner is a TA member & not address people's concerns (albiet after the fact) reflects poor customer service.

Just my last 2 cents worth.

37. Re: Hotel didn't like my honest review, got TA to take it off?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, January 08, 2014