We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice islands for one day trip or overnight stay

Which Sihanoukville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roma
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Nice islands for one day trip or overnight stay

Hello, I asked somehow the same question few weeks ago but just replying to existing posts. Now I am getting closer to leave and I try to get some more "consistent" feedbacks all at once. I read very mixed comments about Sihanoukville so I would like to try to "escape" for daily trips or even overnight stay to one of the many islands. I could get there from SV or from Koh Kong or even Kep. So, any preference between Koh Kong island, Koh Rong, Koh Rong Saloem, Koh Tonsay or any other island that could be reached in max 2 hours by boat?

I would really like a tropical island, very relaxing, white sand, beautiful water... Don't tell me to fly to Thailand because I do not have enough time to do it :-)

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice islands for one day trip or overnight stay

HI,

The two Rong islands are easily the nicest in terms of sand and water quality, but both are at the limit of your "max 2 hours" boat trip probably taking more like two and a half. It really isn't worth taking a day trip imo and an overnight is better. If you are passing Koh Kong then a trip out to the island is worth it, the village there is interesting and the beaches nice and undeveloped. Koh Tonsai is cute and if you are in Kep then it's worth a visit, but it's small, just a few bungalows and some nice food, but the beach is nothing to write home about imo and certainly not "white sand, beautiful water"

Cheers

Roma
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice islands for one day trip or overnight stay

Thank you for the reply. I will pass by Koh Kong (and sleep 2 nights there in a eco resort) so I could get also to Koh Kong island. Do you think that Koh Kong is nicer than the 2 Rong islands? I will be in the middle of my trip so I am mainly looking for a relaxing beatiful beach.

What about overnight stay? Better Koh Kong or the "Rongs"?

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice islands for one day trip or overnight stay

Hi,

I think the beaches at Koh Rong are nicer than Koh Kong island but not by much, if you are staying near Koh Kong I'd take a look there first

cheers

Vancouver
Level Contributor
705 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice islands for one day trip or overnight stay

Nice to hear some talk about the islands.

We will spend a few nights on KR and KRS or maybe just 4 -6 nights on one of them for some rest and relaxation.

From what I've read, Sihanoukville is not all that appealing.

I'm hoping the islands will be good.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice islands for one day trip or overnight stay

I'm also looking to do an overnighter on one of the islands when I'm there over the New Year period. Can anybody offer any advice on whether I'm best booking something before I travel or is it best to pick up a deal once I get to Sihanoukville?

6. Re: Nice islands for one day trip or overnight stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 22, 2013